ALMOND MELTAWAY COOKIES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a slipmat. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and almond extract, mixing until combined. Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until completely combined.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into small circles and then press with hands (or with the bottom of a cup) Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. The cookies will not look browned or cooked, but they are! Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To Ice. in a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract- until smooth.
- Using a spoon smooth icing onto the top of each cookie and let sit for 10 minutes, or until hardened. Store in the fridge, let come to room temperature when ready to serve.
Yields: 32 cookies Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 8 minutes