Have you decided to sell your Maui home or condo but don’t know what to do next? Elite Pacific Properties’ Steve Nickens has been selling Maui real estate for 22 years –he knows that putting your house or condo on the market can be stressful. But, it doesn’t have to be. Maui is an amazing place to live from Lahaina condos to the oceanfront real estate in Hana. Whether you are moving off island and need to sell your Maui property or looking to move to a new Maui neighborhood these 5 Tips for selling your Maui home or condo from Steve Nickens are sure to help put you at ease.
- Look at current market conditions. Take a look at the market to understand if now really is the right time to sell. Are interest rates going up, staying the same, or projected to fall? Looking at how much you owe on a home can also help you determine if the market is favorable to your situation. For some, turning their home or condo into a long term or vacation rental just might be the right move at the time.
- Consider the condition of your home or condo. What improvements or updates can enhance the buyer’s experience? Upgrade small things like paint, flooring, or fixtures. These are relatively inexpensive updates that can really pay off! If your home is a bit older, a home inspection is a great way to get ahead of any big ticket items. Remember that the entrance to your home or condo is a buyer’s first impression. Take an extra critical eye to the front door and where buyers will enter the home.
- Contact a Maui Realtor. Make sure you contact a Realtor that has extensive experience selling Maui real estate. At Elite Pacific Properties, we have a wide range of agents on Maui as well as Oahu, Big Island, and Kauai. Once you’ve found the right Maui Realtor, ask for a market valuation of your home. During the evaluation your Realtor will consider recent sales in your neighborhood, market outlook, and what your home has to offer. If you want to sell your home on Maui, pricing is really important. Price too low and you could be selling yourself short– price too high and you may have to wait for the market to rise to your price.
- Tidy up. You love your shell collection and showing off family photographs but, you want to make sure a buyer can see themselves in your home. The key is to make it attractive, not overly personal. It may also be best to rent a storage unit to remove some of your furnishings. Just removing a few pieces can open up the space. In the kitchen, tuck away unsightly appliances like toasters, coffee makers, and blenders. A good professional cleaning or a professional stager can create an inviting clean look Maui buyers are looking for!
- Marketing your Maui condo or home. Listing your property is great, but you need a Realtor with marketing know-how to shout it from the rooftops. Successful promotion of your home in the Maui real estate market entails stunning photography, market knowledge, and experience. The Maui Realtors with Elite Pacific Properties are experienced in effectively marketing your home to prospects and the most likely candidates from around the globe.
More often than not, your home represents your hard-earned equity so you want to make sure you have someone working for you with your best interest in mind. To request your your free home valuation report follow this link– Maui Real Estate. Steve Nickens and our certified agents specializing in the Maui real estate market are ready to help you get your Maui property sold!